Sunday, November 11, 2012

Open Blog - Accounting Software

Until now, I thought that accounting activities such as writing balance sheets are done on paper since that was what I learned from accounting book. I studied how to write balance sheets by hand and thought that it is very hard and time consuming work. While searching for what to write for a open blog post, I found out that there is actually software program that helps accountants to do their tasks easily and efficiently.
According to Wikipedia, "Accounting software is application software that records and processes accounting transactions within functional modules such as accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, and trial balance. It functions as an accounting information system. "
I knew that since there has been a huge development in technology for last few decades, newer ways for accountants to finish their tasks have been invented, but I did not know there is something called, "accounting software." Learning about recent technology of my field was very helpful, but I think I need to get more adapted to technology.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accounting_software

No comments:

Post a Comment